The project consists of the renovation and refurbishment of St. Annes Ward including treatment rooms, nurses station etc. and all associates M&E works and services. . The building works were completed concurrently with the construction of a new maintenance building and car park.
The works were commissioned at short notice at the beginning of March 2020 as part of the Health Service Executive’s Covid 19 emergency planning and were constructed under Covid-19 Crisis Works Building Control Regulations 2020 (STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS. S.I. No. 112 of 2020 and S.I. No. 113 of 2020).
Fortress Planning were part of the Design Team fulfilling roles of Assigned Certifier and PSDP.
The design Team consisted of the following:
- Ready Architecture & Urbanisation – Architect
- Clancy Construction – Main Contractor
- Don O’Malley Ltd. – Mechanical & Electrical Consultant
- Horgan Lynch Partners – Engineering Consultant
- Fortress Planning – Assigned Certifier and PSDP
- MJP Consultants – Fire Design
- GSP fire Ltd. – Fire Engineer