Due to the rapid build nature of the works under Covid-19 Crisis Works Building Control Regulations 2020 works were designed and constructed simultaneously under Clancy Construction. Design was developed during construction by Design Teams in co-operation with Main Contractor in response to the national public health emergency. Fortress Planning were commissioned as Assigned Certifier for the Project.
The project consists of the refurbishment of the Breastcare Unit and new extension including treatment rooms, nurses station etc. and all associates M&E works and services. .
The works were commissioned at short notice at the beginning of March 2020 as part of the Health Service Executive’s Covid 19 emergency planning and were constructed under Covid-19 Crisis Works Building Control Regulations 2020 (STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS. S.I. No. 112 of 2020 and S.I. No. 113 of 2020).
Fortress Planning were part of the Design Team fulfilling role of Assigned Certifier.
The design Team consisted of the following:
- Ready Architecture & Urbanisation – Architect
- Clancy Construction – Main Contractor
- Marson Consulting Engineers – Mechanical & Electrical Consultant
- Horgan Lynch Partners – Engineering Consultant
- Fortress Planning – Assigned Certifier
- Daire Byrne & Associates – Fire Design