The project consists of the refurbishment of the Breastcare Unit and new extension including treatment rooms, nurses station etc. and all associates M&E works and services. .
The works were commissioned at short notice at the beginning of March 2020 as part of the Health Service Executive’s Covid 19 emergency planning and were constructed under Covid-19 Crisis Works Building Control Regulations 2020 (STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS. S.I. No. 112 of 2020 and S.I. No. 113 of 2020).
Fortress Planning were part of the Design Team fulfilling role of Assigned Certifier.
The design Team consisted of the following:
- Ready Architecture & Urbanisation – Architect
- Clancy Construction – Main Contractor
- Marson Consulting Engineers – Mechanical & Electrical Consultant
- Horgan Lynch Partners – Engineering Consultant
- Fortress Planning – Assigned Certifier
- Daire Byrne & Associates – Fire Design