Fortress Planning completed full construction consultancy services from Design to Construction Completion.
The project involved Extension (Rear) to Existing National School and all associated works
- Demolition of existing prefabricated structure which houses Pre-School
- Demolition of existing bicycle shed
- Construction of new rear extension where previous prefabricated preschool and bicycle shed stand containing new mainstream classroom, 2 x learning support rooms (Open plan), circulation/connecting corridor and new unisex wheelchair accessible disabled wc
- Slight construction modifications to existing WC and open to new learning support room
- Construction of new disability access ramps and steps
- Re-routing of overhead power lines underground to new ESB meter in the front of the school.
- Civil / Drainage / Ground Works o New foul water drainage system (related to new extension(s)) to be laid and connected to new wastewater treatment packaged system.
- New wastewater treatment packaged system and new percolation area.
- New surface water drainage system (related to new extension(s)) to be laid and connected to existing soakaway to rear of the existing school
- Provisions to be constructed for future Portacabin for Pre-School to the south west of the national school and future new wastewater treatment system packaged unit
- All associated civil works including drainage, surface water and foul water works
- Footpath, tarmacadam surfacing and remedial works