COVID-19 Crisis Works Projects -UHL 24 Bed Ward
Home > Completed Projects > > COVID-19 Crisis Works Projects -UHL 24 Bed Ward
Works: COVID-19 Crisis Works Projects -UHL 24 Bed Ward
1,800m2University of Limerick Hospital, Dooradoyle, Limerick
The project consists of the demolition of the existing prefabricated office accommodation and the construction of a 24 bed ward to include treatment rooms, nurses station etc. and all associates M&E works and services. The project is designed for an upward expansion of up to 4 additional floors. The building is primarily a single storey structure (with a plant room on the 1st floor) with 24 single en-suite rooms. two are bariatric, two can be full isolation rooms and 6 are fully accessible rooms. The Design Team mobilised in March 2020 and construction commenced in April 2020, with a 14 week build program through to handover in July 2020.
Fortress Planning were part of the Design Team fulfilling roles of Assigned Certifier and PSDP.
The design Team consisted of the following:
· Ready Architecture & Urbanisation (Architect)
· Clancy Construction (Main Contractor)
· Don O’Malley Ltd. (Mechanical & Electrical Consultant)
· Horgan Lynch Partners (Engineering Consultant)
· Fortress Planning(Assigned Certifier and PSDP)
· MJP Consultants (Fire Design)
GSP fire Ltd. (Fire Engineer)