At Fortress Planning we offer our clients a comprehensive range of Building Control related services, and includes the following roles;
Assigned Designer is assigned by the Building Owner as required under the Building Control Regulations and the role includes the following;
- (a) design their respective elements of work in accordance with the applicable requirements of the Second Schedule to the Building Regulations;
- (b) provide the Assigned Certifier with the necessary plans, specifications and documentation that is required for lodgement at commencement stage;
- (c) arrange to provide sufficient information to the Assigned Certifier to enable them to fulfil their role;
- (d) as agreed with the Assigned Certifier, carry out work inspections which are pertinent to their elements of the Design, and liaise with the Assigned Certifier in terms of this and the required ancillary certification;
- (e) notify the Assigned Certifier of their proposed inspection regime for inclusion in the overall Inspection Plan;
- (f) provide the Ancillary Certificates when required by the Assigned Certifier;
- (g) maintain records of inspection.
The Assigned Certifier is assigned by the Building Owner as required under the Building Control Regulations. They undertake to inspect, and to co-ordinate the inspection activities of others during construction, and to certify the building or works on completion. The role of Assigned Certifier does not include responsibility for the supervision of any builder. They may or may not be a member of the design team.
The Assigned Certifier includes the following duties;
- provide and sign the relevant statutory certificates - the form of undertaking at commencement and the Certificate of Compliance on Completion;
- co-ordinate the ancillary certification by members of the design team and other relevant bodies for the Certificate of Compliance on Completion;
- identify all design professionals and specialists, in conjunction with the Builder, from whom certificates are required;
- identify all certificates required and obtain them;
- co-ordinate and collate all certification of compliance for completion in conjunction with the Builder;
- in consultation with the members of the design team, plan and oversee the implementation of the Inspection Plan during Construction;
- prepare the Preliminary Inspection Plan and oversee adherence to this plan, and on completion provide the Inspection Plan as implemented;
- on termination or relinquishment of their appointment make available to the Building Owner all certification prepared and inspection reports carried out;
- act as the single point of contact with the Building Control Authority during construction;
- seek advice from the Building Control Authority, in respect of compliance matters relating to the building or works where disputes or differences of opinion arise between the parties to the project;
- maintain records of inspection.